A condition which is caused as a result of damage to the optic nerve due to abnormal high pressure inside the eyes is known as glaucoma. Glaucoma is of two types; primary angle glaucoma and closed angle glaucoma. It can be caused due to certain factors such as poor nutrition, stress, collagen deficiency and high blood pressure. Glaucoma causes loss of vision and blindness.
Glaucoma Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for glaucoma which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the common home remedies for glaucoma are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for glaucoma is vitamin C. It is an antioxidant which is water soluble and helps in improving vision and relieving the eye pressure. But remember to consult your physician before taking any supplements.
2. Consume lots of fruits and vegetables in order to get essential amines. Drink water or other healthy fluids in small amounts after fixed interval of time.
3. Rutin is also one of the effective home remedies for glaucoma. It is rich in vitamin C and is also a bioflavonoid. It is known to increase the metabolism of collagen in the eye. All you need to do is consume 40 to 60 mg of rutin three times in a day. This will reduce the pain and will be very beneficial in treating glaucoma.
4. Marijuana is very helpful in lowering intraocular pressure and gives immediate effect. But remember not to use this method regularly due to certain obvious reasons.
5. Jabarandi is an ayurvedic herb which is found in Indian subcontinent. This herb has been used since a very long time for treating glaucoma. It contains pilocarpine which is very helpful in treating glaucoma.
6. Vitamin A and vitamin B are very effective in treating glaucoma. Vitamin B improves the eye sight whereas vitamin A improves the night vision. Just consume 1000 mg each of these vitamins on regular basis in form of multi vitamin supplement tablets or you can consume food rich in these vitamins. Consult your physician before trying any supplements.
7. Ginkgo bilboa is also very beneficial for glaucoma ailment. It increases blood supply to the optic nerves which results in detoxification. In order to slow down the deterioration of optic nerves you should try adding sulfate of zinc in ginkgo bilboa.
8. Consume food rich in vitamin E which will help in clearing the retina and cornea. This will make your eyes healthy and improve the vision. You can even try vitamin E supplements but consult your doctor before taking such supplements.
9. Berries are very effective in curing glaucoma. Bilberry helps in giving strength to retina and optic nerves.
10. Fennel can also prove to be very effective in treating glaucoma. You can eat it raw or use in salad. Those who do not like to eat it can try making a tea out of fennel and then drink it.
11. Spinach is a good source of carotenoid. This carotenoid is very helpful for the eye tissues and retina. Therefore try to eat spinach on regular basis.
These were some of the most effective home remedies for glaucoma which are simple, safe and easy to use.